Friday, April 18, 2008

Al Horford -- and I -- Get the Jump Ball

I was lucky enough to be chosen by my son to accompany him to the Hawks/Celtics game last week. J got 2 tickets as a birthday present. He loves the players on the Celtics, but tonight we were rooting for the Hawks to make it into the playoffs (they didn't do it this game, but did get in yesterday). That is Al Horford winning the jump ball (I didn't know they still did that, actually) over Glen Davis of the Celtics.

This shot is an extremely lucky one. As some of you know, arenas like this have strobes mounted throughout to allow the "official" photographers to get the light they need when shooting. I kept noticing those lights flashing, just a split second before or after my shot. Well, turns out that on THIS shot, my timing was perfectly lucky. My shutter clicked at the exact moment the "house strobes" fired, giving me an excellent exposure. I was shooting aperture priority at 1600 ISO using my 70-300mm zoom lens. Makes me want to figure out how to hack in to be able to use these strobes!

© 2008 Mexipickle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home