Monday, June 22, 2009

Wettin' A Line






































At the church picnic Saturday, J wanted to try fishing. The first time he tried was about 2 weeks ago, so we tried again yesterday. We haven't caught anything yet, but it's really more about the casting than the catching at this point.

After spending about ten minutes detangling the line after one of his more creative casting motions, I gave him the rod and reel. First cast....another knot, this one requiring cutting the line and starting all over again.

Of course, everytime he casts he expects to hook a huge fish within, oh, 3 seconds of the hook hitting the water. That hasn't happened yet, although a couple of folks with us did catch a couple of bass. I hope we get a chance to really whet his fishing appetite. It's not one of my big hobbies (I think Flickr/photography are in the top spot), but if he likes it, I'll help him.
© 2009 Mexipickle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home