Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blue Bristles







































So, I had the afternoon home alone, 'cuz I'm sick. That means....photo experimenting! Using some ideas I learned at Strobist, I thought I'd see what interesting item I could shoot that would help me solidify some of the thinking I read about there. This is the "studio" setup I used to take some shots (okay, about 75 of them) of, er, the back brush from the shower.

Here's a shot of my "home studio" where I took the above photo. Taken with a 60mm micro lens, flash off camera left, about 8" away from the brush. Flash was 1/128 power and even with the brush and lens.

© 2007 Mexipickle


2 Comments:

Blogger Chaz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Mon Nov 26, 01:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Chaz said...

good composition and stunning color. I love the way the bristles pick up an almost glowing nature to them from the brush head.

would you mind emailing me about possibly using one of your photos here at UVA? It is of the woman studying on the rotunda (I couldn't find a way to contact you otherwise)

c w j 3 r at virginia.edu (just delete the spaces)

Mon Nov 26, 01:49:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home